You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Fire in minister's office, furniture gutted

Press Trust of India  |  Jammu 

A minor fire broke out in the office of a minister in the Civil Secretariat here today, damaging furniture.

The blaze erupted due to short-circuit in the office of Urban Development minister N R Jora, officials said.

There was no loss of life or injury though the blaze damaged furniture and roof of the room, they said.

The incident happened on the first day of reopening of offices in the Civil Secretariat, the seat of the Jammu and Kashmir government, in the winter capital.

In July this year, a fire damaged some rooms and gutted records in the Secretariat in Srinagar, the summer capital.

Dear Reader,

Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Mon, November 04 2013. 19:21 IST