You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Maha: Labourer electrocuted

Press Trust of India  |  Thane 

A 30-year-old labourer died after he suffered electric shock in Kalwa in Thane district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.

The incident occurred on Thursday when the victim, Shiv Nayaran Gupta, came into contact with a high-tension overhead cable while laying a plastic sheet on the tin roof of a school amid heavy rains, an official said.

Police have booked the school head Om Jaiswal on the charge of negligence under the Indian Penal Code (IPC), he said.

No arrest has been made so far.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, July 27 2019. 18:35 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU