By Rajendra Jadhav and Karthika Suresh NamboothiriMUMBAI/BENGALURU (Reuters) - Gold discounts in India widened to a two-month high this week as prices surged to a more than six-month peak and demand remained subdued due to New Year holidays.Benchmark spot gold prices were headed for a third straight weekly gain due to concerns over a slowdown in global economic growth, and tumultuous stock markets. Dealers in India were offering a discount of up to $6 an ounce over official domestic prices this week, up from a discount of $2 last week. The domestic price includes a 10 percent import tax."In ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard