By Amy Caren Daniel(Reuters) - U.S. stock indexes were lower on Friday as weak earnings reports from Intel and Twitter dragged on the technology sector and as healthcare stocks were pressured by a clutch of disappointing earnings.Intel sank 8.9 percent after its fast-growing data center business missed estimates amid faced stiff rivalry from Advanced Micro Devices. AMD rose 0.7 percent.Twitter's shares plunged 19.4 percent after reporting fewer-than-expected monthly active users and warning of further drops as it deletes phony accounts.The technology sector fell 2.48 percent, the most among ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard