- 55% IndiGo flights delayed as crew call sick on AI recruitment day: Report
- Q1FY23 results: Margin pressure on IT services to remain, focus on outlook
- Fuel exports rise in FY23; refiners stay healthy despite addl excise
- After terrible first half, 2022 may bring more bad news for US markets
- Russia says it holds all of Ukraine's Luhansk with capture of last city
2nd T20 highlights: Rahul's 57 helps India beat New Zealand by 7 wickets
Boasting a formidable batting line-up, chasing 133 proved to be a cakewalk for the visitors on a pitch that was slightly on the slower side
India tightened their grip on the five match T20 International series with a seven-wicket drubbing of New Zealand in the second match after their bowlers stifled the hosts on a pocket-sized Eden Park, Auckland on Sunday. Boasting a formidable batting line-up, chasing 133 proved to be a cakewalk for the visitors on a pitch that was slightly on the slower side.
The very short boundary ensured the match ended with as many as 15 balls to spare. The trio of Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami allowed no respite to Kane Williamson's team after New Zealand surprisingly chose to bat, restricting them to 132 for five.
India vs New Zealand 2nd T20 full scorecard
Here are the playing 11 of both the teams:
India playing 11: Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma, K L Rahul (w), Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Shivam Dube, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuzvendra Chahal and Mohammed Shami.
New Zealand playing 11: Kane Williamson(C), Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Tim Seifert (wk), Ross Taylor, Colin de Grandhomme, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ish Sodhi, Blair Tickner and Hamish Bennett.