- Highest-ever budget for J-K aims to build economy, create jobs: Manoj Sinha
- Budget Session: BJP, Congress MPs give Zero Hour notices in Rajya Sabha
- Statsguru: From Bihar to West Bengal, a peep into state Budgets
- Haryana govt presents Rs 1.55-trillion Budget; focus on agri, health
- AAP budget aims at raising per capita income at par with Singapore by 2047
- Delhi govt allocates Rs 50 cr in budget for free Covid vaccine at hospitals
- Delhi govt presents Rs 69,000-cr budget themed on patriotism for FY 2021-22
- Manish Sisodia to present paperless budget in Delhi Assembly today
- Venture Capital Fund of Rs 100 cr proposed in Karnataka budget
- TMC seeks adjournment of Parliament session, cites elections in 5 states
Budget session LIVE updates: Congress protests against Anurag Thakur in LS
Budget 2020 Live: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman today presented the annual Union Budget 2020-21 in Parliament. Follow Business Standard for LIVE updates
Budget 2020 LIVE updates and Budget highlights: Shares and bond yields fell on Monday as Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman's Budget 2020-2021 failed to cheer investors, who expected stimulus measures to revive growth in Asia's third-biggest economy. Today, the Parliament will meet to discuss it in the ongoing Budget session.
Sitharaman's Budget on Saturday raised spending on farms and expressways and offered cuts in personal taxes, but the measures failed to address concerns of lower consumer spending and investment.
Opposition parties including Congress, Trinamool Congress, the Left and Aam Aadmi Party criticized the budget as lacklustre, saying it did not do enough to address the pressing problems faced by the economy.
Budget 2020 comes at a time when India is staring at an estimated 5 per cent annual rate of expansion, the slowest pace since 2009.
Stay tuned for Budget 2020 live updates and Budget highlights.