NEET 2024 row: Replying to allegations made by Rahul Gandhi in Parliament today, Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said that no evidence of paper leak has been found in the last seven years
If former West Bengal education minister Partha Chatterjee can be arrested in the school recruitment scam, then why cannot the central agencies arrest Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan in the NEET irregularities, senior TMC leader Abhishek Banerjee asked on Sunday. Addressing the TMC's mega rally in Kolkata, Banerjee said the BJP performed poorly in the Lok Sabha elections in the state because it "relied on central agencies and money power" for victory. "A day after July 21, 2022, the Enforcement Directorate raided Partha Chatterjee's house and arrested him. We don't shield a person who has made mistakes. We don't tolerate injustice. But, if the central agencies can raid Partha Chatterjee's house and arrest him, why shouldn't Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan be arrested for the NEET scam?" he asked. "It is the biggest scam in India since Independence. Why this discrimination?" he added. Banerjee claimed the people of the state "taught the BJP a lesson" in the Lok Sabha .
At present, the CBSE conducts the Class 12 board exams between February-March, with an additional option for the students to appear in a "supplementary" exam in any one of the subjects
DU Manusmriti row: Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan clarified that there was no question of teaching any controversial portion of any script in the syllabus
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Thursday met some NEET aspirants at his residence, amid a raging row over alleged irregularities in the conduct of the medical entrance exam this year. According to sources, the students raised issues like the uncertainty prevailing over the fate of the exam which was conducted in May, the delay in the counselling process and ultimately the academic calendar. While there have been demand for a restest from several quarters, the education ministry has maintained the incidents of paper leak were localised, and by cancelling the exam in toto it cannot jeopardise the careers of lakhs of candidates who cleared t he test fairly. The matter has also reached the Supreme Court, which on Thursday adjourned till July 18 the hearing on the clutch of petitions seeking that exam be cancelled and the test be reconducted. The petitioners have probe also sought a probe into the alleged malpractices. The ministry has informed the Supreme Court that a da
The new schedule for NEET-PG will be announced by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) within the next two days, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Saturday. NEET-PG is among the exams cancelled last week as a pre-emptive measure amid a raging row over alleged irregularities in competitive tests. "The date of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, Post Graduate will be announced by the NBE in one or two days," Pradhan told reporters in Panchkula on the sidelines of Haryana BJP's extended state executive meeting. The comments by Pradhan come a day after the National Testing Agency (NTA) announced revised dates for three exams which were cancelled. The University Grants Commission-National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) which was cancelled a day after being conducted on June 18 after the education ministry received inputs that the integrity of the exam was compromised, will now be conducted from August 21 to September 4. Pradhan had said the question paper was leak
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Saturday slammed the Congress, saying it wants to run away from a discussion in Parliament over the NEET exam issue. His remark came a day after Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha Rahul Gandhi urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to hold a "respectful" and good discussion in Parliament on the issue of alleged irregularities in the conduct of the NEET exam. Replying to a question on the opposition targeting the BJP-led Centre over the NEET exam issue, Pradhan said, "The Congress does not want a discussion. It wants to run away from the discussion. It's only intention is to create chaos, confusion and create obstacles in smooth functioning of the entire institutional mechanism." He said the president had also talked about the NEET exam issue, being raised by the Congress, in her address in Parliament. He further said the opposition had a chance to raise this issue during the motion of thanks to the President's address and asserted the .
Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan, on Thursday, said during a press briefing that the University Grants Commission–National Eligibility Test (UGC-NET) examination paper was leaked.
Catch all the latest news updates from around the world here
The "top leadership" of the National Testing Agency is under the scanner over alleged irregularities in competitive exams NEET and NET, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said on Saturday even as he denied any paper leak in the CSIR-UGC NET, which was postponed a day back. The minister said he is the custodian of students' interests and has to take that into account before taking any step. Amid a raging row over irregularities in the medical entrance exam NEET, Pradhan had said earlier this week that he cannot jeopardise the careers of the lakhs of candidates who cleared the exam rightfully. The June edition of the Joint Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and UGC-NET was postponed on Friday night. The Joint CSIR-UGC-NET is a test conducted to determine eligibility for junior research fellowship and assistant professor and admission to PhD in science courses. "There was no leak in CSIR-UGC NET, it was postponed because of logistic issues. There is also a retest of
The Congress is planning a nation-wide protest demanding justice for students, a day after Rahul Gandhi mocked PM Modi for 'being able to stop Ukraine war' but failing to stop paper leaks
Question paper leak of UGC-NET is an "institutional failure" of National Testing Agency (NTA) and the government will set up a high-level committee to look into its functioning and recommend reforms, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced on Thursday amid a raging row over medical entrance exam NEET and cancellation of UGC-NET. "The cancellation of UGC-NET was not a knee-jerk reaction. We got proofs that the paper had leaked on darknet and was circulating on Telegram and decided to cancel the exam," Pradhan said at a press conference. "The paper leak is an institutional failure of NTA. We are assuring you that there will be a reform committee and action will be taken," he said. "The government is going to form a high-level committee regarding reforms in NTA. The committee will be expected to make recommendations to further improve NTA, its structure, functioning, examination process, transparency and data security protocols. Zero-error testing is our commitment. The .
Calling paper leaks an institutional failure of NTA, Pradhan said that the reform committee will be notified in some days and will consist of technocrats, scientists, administrators, and academicians
'Govt is committed to safeguarding interest of students,' Union education minister Dharmendra Pradhan said during a press conference
NEET exam and UGC NET latest news updates : A fresh date for UGC-NET will be announced soon, a top official said today. Hall tickets for NEET-UG re-exam have been released on neet.ntaonline.in.
Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the government would take strong actions against functionaries of the National Testing Agency (NTA) if they were found to be involved in irregularities in the conduct of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), 2024. Pradhan made this statement during his visit to Sambalpur in Odisha on Sunday. He said two types of irregularities in the conduct of NEET have come to the limelight. As per preliminary information, grace marks have been awarded to some students as they were dissatisfied as they were allotted less time than the prescribed duration, he said. The government has disapproved the grace marks, and directed re-examination for 1,563 students as per the Supreme Court order, the education minister said. "Additional wrongdoings have also come to the fore in two locations. I assure both students and parents that the government has taken the issue very seriously. We will take it to a logical end," he said. If any officials
Earlier, Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan assured students that a transparent process will be followed and they should not worry
A group of people was booked for allegedly protesting and trying to enter the residence of Union Minister of Education Dharmendra Pradhan here, officials said on Saturday. A case under section 188 (disobedience to order duly promulgated by a public servant) was registered at the South Avenue Police station on Thursday, they said. According to the FIR, around 20 people arrived in three to four cars and gathered outside the Union minister's residence -- House number 19, Kushak Road in South Avenue. The protesters were carrying pamphlets of National Students' Union of India (NSUI), it said, adding that some mediapersons were also present at the spot. The police informed the protesters that as section 144 of CrPC has been imposed in the area, they cannot gather here but they did not stop and raised slogans, the FIR stated. It added that the protesters got agitated and even tried to enter the Union minister's house. Later, more force was called from the police station and the proteste
Dharmendra Pradhan will continue to be the education minister in the new Narendra Modi government while Jayant Chaudhary and Sukanta Majumdar will be the ministers of state for education, the President Secretariat announced on Monday. Chaudhary has also been deputed as the MoS (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship. Majumdar will also hold charge as MoS in the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region. Pradhan, who was inducted in the Union Cabinet for the third time on Sunday, has returned to the Lok Sabha after 15 years, after he won from Sambalpur in Odisha, defeating the Biju Janata Dal's Pranab Prakash Das by a substantial margin of more than 1.19 lakh votes. He was tasked with the implementation of the ambitious new National Education Policy (NEP) in his previous tenure as the education and skill development minister. Pradhan, a prominent face of the BJP in Odisha, was also seen as a probable choice for the state's first BJP chief
About a fortnight shy of his 56th birthday, Dharmendra Pradhan, the towering figure of Odisha BJP, staged a triumphant return to the Union Cabinet on Sunday. His re-entry into the hallowed halls of power under Prime Minister Narendra Modi's aegis is not merely a routine reshuffle but a spectacle of political theatre as he became the lone warrior from Odisha to take oath as an Union minister for the third time. Son of a doctor and former Union minister Debendra Pradhan, Dharmendra was born on June 26, 1969 and gained the fame of being known as the 'Ujjwala Man' across the country. During his tenure as a Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Pradhan was instrumental in making Modi's PM Ujjwala Yojana successful under which the poor women were given free of cost cooking gas cylinders. Dharmendra Pradhan has created a history for being the longest serving Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas in the history of independent India. He joined as the Minister of State (In-charge) in 2014, he