The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection prepares the question paper very intelligently, enough to test the candidates from all angles. The IBPS exam has many sections including the most challenging General Awareness. It is designed to find out that how much aware a candidate is of current affairs, banking awareness theory and other financial development of the economy. Due to tough competition to crack the IBPS examination candidates are expected to prepare for the examinations appropriately. The first step for the same is that the candidates should we well aware about the IBPS exam syllabus and pattern. General Awareness is one topic can prepare and score generously. Please note that General Awareness as a topic is part of main examinations and not IBPS preliminary examinations.
Syllabus for various IBPS examinations covers subjects and topics that are identical; it is the difficulty level that changes with the specific IBPS examinations. In IBPS main examinations the General Awareness syllabus can be further divided into 3 sub-topics which are General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Knowledge about Banking and Finance Sector.
General Knowledge: It is a vast subject and can cover anything under the sun. To prepare for this section candidates are advised to refer books on General Knowledge.
How To Prepare For General Awareness:
It so happens that candidates are unable to clear cut off marks in General Awareness section. This is the only section that can be leveraged to score higher. Following are the general but useful tips that a candidate can take advantage of.
- Examine the previous years’ papers and see the questions in GA section asked. This will help you have an overall idea of topics or questions related to trends.
- Watch news channels. Follow one of them with dedication to keep a track of the event. This will help you stay abreast of the latest events and current affairs.
- If possible watch some GK quiz shows or take part in at local level of possible. Read General Knowledge magazines or subscribe to such magazines.
- The most important thing is to make notes of everything you read, and study or come across. Keep visiting these notes on a daily basis.
- Candidates must take mock that help them increase their efficiency, accuracy and efficacy. TIME is the greatest factor that impacts the performance.
One of the best ways to prepare for the General Awareness section of IBPS PO examination is to refer the Business Standard General Awareness for IBPS & Bank PO book. The book contains more than 3000 relevant questions that candidates can learn and practise upon. The questions include latest topics such as GST, Budget 2017, Demonetisation and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and much more. Please find further details on this link. Other than the Business Standard General Awareness for IBPS & Bank PO book another alternative method to prepare for the General Awareness section of the IBPS examination is to sign up for Business Standard Learning solution - IBPS and Bank PO examination special online. The module consist of 3000+ questions on General Awareness, Banking and Economy covering topics such as Agriculture, Awards & Honours, Banking, Books & Authors, Budget, Business & Economy, International Developments, Politics & Government, Science & Technology, Sports and more. Please find further details on this link.