E-commerce firms Amazon and Walmart-owned Flipkart are in talks with multiple small, regional as well large retailers including Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd (ABFRL) and Landmark Group, to acquire strategic minority stakes, according to sources. People in the know said that these investments are part of the strategy for e-commerce companies to tap the offline retail opportunity in the country.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, October 22 2020. 19:49 IST