While the pandemic has shuttered down several businesses, it has also served up hope for some; the health, hygiene and personal care categories being among its biggest beneficiaries. The cluster is growing and reinventing itself at breakneck pace; there were 350 plus hand sanitizer launches in the March-May 2020 period alone, while hand wash brands are rapidly scooping up the market, adding close to 300,000 households per week in the last 14 weeks, according to a report on the impact of Covid-19 on consumption patterns by market research agency, Kantar.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Tue, July 21 2020. 06:01 IST