After Zomato’s food delivery volumes touched pre-Covid-19 peaks, Swiggy said that overall, the food delivery business has recovered about 80-85 per cent of the pre-Covid order values. The recovery is taking place after multiple rounds of unlocks, as restaurants open up for business.
Over 100 million orders have been placed on the Swiggy app for food, groceries, medicines and other household items since the lockdown. Almost over 200 cities have reached 90 per cent of their pre-Covid GMV (gross merchandise value) levels with more than 70 cities seeing a full recovery.
“In fact, they have seen double-digit growth over the past 4-5 weeks, especially when the lockdown opened and when consumer's fears of Covid-19 subsided,” said Swiggy. “Certain micro pockets within the country have also reached 200 per cent of their pre-Covid levels,” it added.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.