After a big jump in the margins and profits in the quarters immediately after the break-out of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020, the export-driven IT services companies are now facing their biggest earnings challenge in more than a decade. The operating or EBITDA (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) margin of the industry declined to more than a decade low of 23.2 per cent in the first quarter of the 2022-23 financial year (Q1FY23) as operating expenses raced ahead of revenue growth or the firms.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, July 27 2022. 21:21 IST