Last October, Clix Capital made an attempt to acquire the doddering Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB), but lost out to the Singapore-based DBS Bank. Almost a year on, it is in talks to merge with Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB), a listed entity. As platforms, LVB and SSFB could not have been further apart. The point is that Clix, somehow, wants to be part of a banking story — it’s about survival; and is symptomatic of the concerns facing many second-rung shadow banks.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Wed, September 15 2021. 06:03 IST