- CJI Gogoi alleges larger conspiracy behind sexual harassment charges
- There has to be bigger force behind this: CJI on sexual harassment charges
- ISIS module case: NIA conducts searches at two locations in Hyderabad
- SC holds special hearing on 'matter of great public importance'
- Why construction workers missed government welfare benefits for 23 years
- Top biz headlines: IT sector is raining jobs, Nifty's winning run, & more
- Howrah-New Delhi Poorva Express derails near Kanpur, 14 injured
- Allahabad HC seeks EC reply on a PIL against release of PM Modi biopic
- In phase III of polls, candidates with criminal cases outnumber women again
- Don't get fooled: That isn't UP CM Yogi Adiyanath, but his lookalike
SC on Ayodhya dispute highlights: Mediation to be held in Faizabad
The Supreme Court ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to complete in 8 weeks. Catch LIVE updates on the SC order
Supreme Court of India. Photo: Aashish Aryan
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to settle it amicably. The SC Bench, comprising Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer appointed three members panel headed by retired SC Judge FM I Kalifulla. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially. The bench directed that the mediation will be held at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the process should start within a week from Friday.
The bench also directed that panel of mediators can co-opt more members in the team and in case of any difficulty the chairman will inform the apex court registry about it.
Catch the highlights on Ayodhya Ram temple case