- Several Durga Puja committees put up barricades 10-metre from pandal
- Slowly develop habit of coming to court: Delhi HC suggests lawyers
- West Bengal governor hails court order on Durga Puja pandal hopping
- J&K: Person's father or mother must have PR for domicile certificate
- Legal violations can't be condoned under pretext of human rights : India
- Assam govt committed to restore normalcy in border with Mizoram: Official
- ADG of UIDAI arrested for taking Rs 100,000 bribe in Delhi office
- PM's message on virus control serves as critical reminder: India Inc
- UN rights chief expresses concern over restrictions on NGOs in India
- FICCI to be national industry partner of third edition of 'Make in Odisha'
SC on Ayodhya dispute highlights: Mediation to be held in Faizabad
The Supreme Court ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to complete in 8 weeks. Catch LIVE updates on the SC order
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to settle it amicably. The SC Bench, comprising Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer appointed three members panel headed by retired SC Judge FM I Kalifulla. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially. The bench directed that the mediation will be held at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the process should start within a week from Friday.
The bench also directed that panel of mediators can co-opt more members in the team and in case of any difficulty the chairman will inform the apex court registry about it.
Catch the highlights on Ayodhya Ram temple case