- J-K: Panchayat in Udhampur helps farmers to double income from agriculture
- Telangana CM Rao directs officials to finish Yadadri temple work soon
- Clean energy bid can help states with huge bills for subsiding power
- US court to hold in-person extradition hearing of Tahawwur Rana on Thursday
- West Bengal Guv slams Mamata govt for 'breach of protocol' by officials
- Farmers wave black flags outside IYD event with BJP's Phogat in attendance
- Top headlines: E-com flash sale banned; Airtel ties up with Tata for 5G
- Facebook, WhatsApp urge Delhi HC to stay CCI notice in privacy matter
- Walmart's Flipkart tells court it offers lower fee if sellers cut prices
- Esther Duflo, Raghuram Rajan join Tamil Nadu's economic advisory council
SC on Ayodhya dispute highlights: Mediation to be held in Faizabad
The Supreme Court ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to complete in 8 weeks. Catch LIVE updates on the SC order
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to settle it amicably. The SC Bench, comprising Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer appointed three members panel headed by retired SC Judge FM I Kalifulla. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially. The bench directed that the mediation will be held at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the process should start within a week from Friday.
The bench also directed that panel of mediators can co-opt more members in the team and in case of any difficulty the chairman will inform the apex court registry about it.
Catch the highlights on Ayodhya Ram temple case