- Upcoming challenges for two of the largest democracies - India & Indonesia
- How this CSR initiative turned Delhi rag pickers into company shareholders
- Quake measuring 5.1 hits Andaman and Nicobar Islands, no casualty reported
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh to replace Sunil Lanba as next Navy Chief
- Rs 8,100 cr bank fraud case: ED to send LRs to 21 countries for assistance
- Delhi court orders attachment of Vijay Mallya's properties in Bengaluru
- Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose takes oath as first Lokpal chief of India
- Guns and tourists: Aboard the unlikely India-Pakistan 'friendship bus'
- Top 10 business headlines: Jet Airways revival, Karnataka bans Ola, more
- PM Modi sends greetings to Imran Khan on eve of Pak National Day
SC on Ayodhya dispute highlights: Mediation to be held in Faizabad
The Supreme Court ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to complete in 8 weeks. Catch LIVE updates on the SC order
Supreme Court of India. Photo: Aashish Aryan
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to settle it amicably. The SC Bench, comprising Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer appointed three members panel headed by retired SC Judge FM I Kalifulla. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially. The bench directed that the mediation will be held at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the process should start within a week from Friday.
The bench also directed that panel of mediators can co-opt more members in the team and in case of any difficulty the chairman will inform the apex court registry about it.
Catch the highlights on Ayodhya Ram temple case