- Facing flak, Goa CM says his remarks on rape victims 'taken out of context'
- Govt ready to discuss issues directly related to people, says Pralhad Joshi
- PM Modi asks people to share their inputs for his Independence Day speech
- Pegasus issue: SC to hear plea of journalists N Ram, Sashi Kumar next week
- Tokyo Olympics: Manu Bhaker, Rahi Sarnobat crash out of women's 25m pistol
- China 'firmly opposes' Tibetan monk attending Blinken's India event
- Debutant Lovlina assures India of first boxing medal at Tokyo Olympics
- Rahul urges FM to extend moratorium on repayment of short-term crop loans
- Tokyo Olympics: Deepika Kumari seals QF berth, ousts Perova of ROC
- Sable betters own 3000m steeplechase national record in Tokyo Olympics
SC on Ayodhya dispute highlights: Mediation to be held in Faizabad
The Supreme Court ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to complete in 8 weeks. Catch LIVE updates on the SC order
The Supreme Court on Friday ordered mediation in the Ayodhya's Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid land dispute case to settle it amicably. The SC Bench, comprising Justices S A Bobde, D Y Chandrachud, Ashok Bhushan and S A Nazeer appointed three members panel headed by retired SC Judge FM I Kalifulla. The court has barred media from reporting mediation proceedings, which are to be held confidentially. The bench directed that the mediation will be held at Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh and the process should start within a week from Friday.
The bench also directed that panel of mediators can co-opt more members in the team and in case of any difficulty the chairman will inform the apex court registry about it.
Catch the highlights on Ayodhya Ram temple case