- Chakka jam to be held peacefully pan-India, says farm leader Rakesh Tikait
- TN govt announces loan waiver for over 1.6 mn farmers worth Rs 12,110 cr
- Delhi to reboot relation with Tehran as ties roar back after Trump's exit
- Rise in onshore hiring, Covid-19 may reduce visa demand in tier-I IT firms
- SC grants interim bail to comedian Munawar Faruqui in case lodged in MP
- Farmers forced to fight for rights, Centre responsible for situation: Cong
- Govt confident of achieving growth of nearly 11.5%, says Anurag Thakur
- UN experts: Covid-19 pandemic upped extremist threats in conflicts
- Aero India: IAF chief holds talks with Tajikistan, Bangladesh counterparts
- Delhi's minimum temperature dips again, dry winds blow from Himalayas
CAA LIVE: 6 killed in Uttar Pradesh, protests turn violent in Delhi
Agitators defied prohibitory orders across regions, prompting authorities to detain activists and politicians on Thursday
CAA protest LIVE updates: The anti-CAA protests turned violent in Delhi on Friday, with protestors setting a car on fire in the city's Daryaganj area in an incident of arson in the city's largely peaceful day of demonstration.
Police used water cannons and lathi-charged a large group of protesters after they pelted stones at police personnel. The demonstrators who who were trying to march from Old Delhi to Jantar Mantar were stopped at Delhi Gate by the police.
Many parts of Uttar Pradesh including, Meerut and Gorakhpur also witnessed violent protests. Stone pelting was reported in several parts, while Police resorted to lathicharge. More than 15 districts in UP witnessed clashes between the police and protesters.