Last July, my wife who is a professor at Jawaharlal Nehru University — and I am not afraid to say it — was idly browsing the internet when she came across a post that invited submissions of academic papers for a conference in Wellington, New Zealand. She asked me whether I wanted to come along. I demurred, saying we had been there in 2010. She said, “Oh, that was just Auckland, now it’s Wellington. We will also go to other places.” We argued a bit, and she won.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.