The Indian firing across the LoC on September 29 was "deliberate" and had been "planned beforehand", Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said.
Condemning the Indian firing that killed two Pakistani soldiers and injured nine others, Asif said the Indian forces fired using small weapons in three sectors of the Line of Control (LoC).
The Pakistan Army gave a "befitting response" to the Indian firing, an official statement quoted the minister as saying.
Asif made no reference to the "surgical strikes" India said it carried out on terrorist launch pads on the LoC, which divides Jammu and Kashmir between the two countries.
Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.
As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.
Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.