- India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins second phase of sea trials
- EAM Jaishankar reaffirms India's commitment to United Nations
- Ashok Leyland hands over 500 vehicles to 'Project Mumkin' for J-K youth
- Goyal calls for reducing import dependence of textile machinery segment
- PM Modi to visit Italy, UK for G-20 Summit, COP-26 from Oct 29
- Sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Nityanand
- PM Modi to inaugurate 9 medical colleges in UP, launch development projects
- NCB witness Kiran Gosavi's bodyguard makes allegations of 'pay off'
- CEO Office gears up for special summary revision of Delhi's electoral roll
- Kisan Credit Cards to be extended for all fishermen: Union Minister Murugan
LIVE: India took various steps to offset Covid impact, FM tells World Bank
The finance ministry on Friday kicked off the exercise to prepare the annual Budget for 2021-22 amid the urgency to push economic growth hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay tuned for LIVE updates:
The finance ministry on Friday kicked off the exercise to prepare the annual Budget for 2021-22 amid the urgency to push economic growth hit by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The upcoming Budget will be crucial for the country as it will have to deal with impact of pandemic which has affected all segments of the economy, including revenue collection, disinvestment, expenditure, exports and food prices.
The economy is projected to contract by a massive 10.3 per cent this year, according to an IMF forecast. Even the Reserve Bank of India expects the economy to shrink by 9.5 per cent in the current financial year.