- LS speaker replaces chairmen of two panels with their party colleagues
- Govt issues notices to e-comm firms for not showing mandatory product info
- AITUC condemns govt decision to divest NMDC's Nagarnar Steel Plant
- Karnataka SRTC suspends recruitment, plans contract to overcome losses
- China, India border clashes left relationship disturbed: Jaishankar
- ED issues Rs 8.6 cr seizure order against DMK MP for FEMA breach
- Heavy rains claim 47 lives in Maharashtra, crops damaged extensively
- HC stays defamation case against Tharoor for 'scorpion on shivling' remarks
- Rains likely in Kolkata, other parts of West Bengal during Durga Puja
- SC sets up panel to monitor stubble burning; CPCB blames bad weather
LIVE: India took various steps to offset Covid impact, FM tells World Bank
The finance ministry on Friday kicked off the exercise to prepare the annual Budget for 2021-22 amid the urgency to push economic growth hit by the Covid-19 pandemic. Stay tuned for LIVE updates:
The finance ministry on Friday kicked off the exercise to prepare the annual Budget for 2021-22 amid the urgency to push economic growth hit by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The upcoming Budget will be crucial for the country as it will have to deal with impact of pandemic which has affected all segments of the economy, including revenue collection, disinvestment, expenditure, exports and food prices.
The economy is projected to contract by a massive 10.3 per cent this year, according to an IMF forecast. Even the Reserve Bank of India expects the economy to shrink by 9.5 per cent in the current financial year.