- Rajnath Singh to address four-day Army Commanders' Conference in Delhi
- Top headlines: Aurobindo Pharma to sell Natrol; Navratri drives car sales
- Rains, thunder and lightning forecast over Tamil Nadu, Kerala, says IMD
- Unlock 5.0: Lawyers allowed to travel in special Mumbai suburban trains
- LIVE: PM to launch National Conference on Vigilance & Anti-Corruption today
- Mehbooba Mufti should go to Pakistan with family: Gujarat Deputy CM
- US-India deal: Conclusion of BECA to open doors for high-tech arms
- India, US to ink landmark defence pact BECA during 2+2 talks on Tuesday
- Rising prices of vegetables: Kerala CM writes to counterparts in Maha, TN
- SC rejects Vijay Mallya UBHL's plea against HC order to wind up firm
LIVE: Eighth round of India-China military-level talks likely this week
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Heavy rains lashed several parts of Hyderabad on Saturday night. The downpour was witnessed in Nampally, Abids, Kothi, Basheerbagh, Khairatabad, Goshamahal and Vijayanagar colonies. The Balanagar Lake in the state capital breached its boundaries last night, causing huge flash floods in nearby areas, according to NDTV report.
The rains led to waterlogging in parts of the state capital, including the Falaknuma bridge. Rescue operations were carried out to provide relief to the people, in one such operation Abdullapurmet Police pulled out a car stuck from overflowing water with the help of a JCB machine in Rachakonda.
Delhi's air quality was recorded in the “poor” category on Sunday morning. The share of stubble burning in the national capital's PM2.5 pollution is likely to “increase significantly”, according to the Ministry of Earth Sciences' air quality monitor (SAFAR).
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.