- Covid-19 pandemic: Govt issues revised norms for international visitors
- British hard sell of Rolls-Royce turbines
- Jaishankar meets Israeli PM, discusses strengthening of strategic alliance
- Dalai Lama expresses concern over deaths due to rainfall in Uttarakhand
- Uttarakhand: As rains subside, manufacturing units of automakers resume ops
- Bommai promises rain-hit Kerala support in relief and rehabilitation
- 42 dead due to rains, landslides in Kerala since October 12: CM Vijayan
- Jaishankar discusses potential of bilateral ties with Israeli leadership
- Militants using new modus operandi to kill targets: Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Ahead of Diwali, domestic airfares soar 30%-45% on high-frequency routes
LIVE: Eighth round of India-China military-level talks likely this week
Stay tuned for Latest LIVE news
Heavy rains lashed several parts of Hyderabad on Saturday night. The downpour was witnessed in Nampally, Abids, Kothi, Basheerbagh, Khairatabad, Goshamahal and Vijayanagar colonies. The Balanagar Lake in the state capital breached its boundaries last night, causing huge flash floods in nearby areas, according to NDTV report.
The rains led to waterlogging in parts of the state capital, including the Falaknuma bridge. Rescue operations were carried out to provide relief to the people, in one such operation Abdullapurmet Police pulled out a car stuck from overflowing water with the help of a JCB machine in Rachakonda.
Delhi's air quality was recorded in the “poor” category on Sunday morning. The share of stubble burning in the national capital's PM2.5 pollution is likely to “increase significantly”, according to the Ministry of Earth Sciences' air quality monitor (SAFAR).
Stay tuned for the latest news of the day.