You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National
Business Standard

Rajasthan govt says open for talks as Gurjar quota protest enters 2nd day

Sharma said the doors of the government are always open for dialogue and the solution to this problem cannot be achieved by sitting on railways tracks or blocking roads

Topics
Rajasthan government | Quota

Press Trust of India  |  Jaipur 

Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot

The on Monday said that its doors were open for talks with the agitating Gurjar community members on their demands for reservation.

The government said the solution to the problem can only be achieved through dialogue.

State Health Minister Raghu Sharma and Speaker C P Joshi both appealed to the agitators to come and talk with the government and find a solution to the problem.

Earlier, Sharma apprised the House of the initiatives taken by the government so far on the issue.

He said a delegation of Gurjar Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti consisting of 80 villages and civil and public representatives held discussions with the Cabinet Sub-Committee in Jaipur on October 31 during which 14 points were agreed upon.

Sharma said even after this, if the Sangharsh Samiti convener, Colonel Kirori Singh Bainsla, and his supporters feel that there are some issues which have been left out of the discussion, they should come and talk to the government.

Sharma said the doors of the government are always open for dialogue and the solution to this problem cannot be achieved by sitting on railways tracks or blocking roads.

It can be achieved only through dialogue, he said, while making an appeal to the agitators to maintain peace and take care of the law and order of the state.

After this, Assembly Speaker C P Joshi too appealed to the agitators on behalf of the House to negotiate with the government and find a solution.

The Gurjar Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti started a movement in Bayana on Sunday with their demands.

Many youngsters are sitting on the tracks of the Delhi-Mumbai rail route. Many roadways have also been blocked.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Mon, November 02 2020. 23:03 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.