The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted approval to state-owned insurance behemoth Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India to raise its stake in private lender Kotak Mahindra Bank up to 9.99 per cent.
Currently, the life insurer holds 4.96 per cent in the private lender. In a notification to exchanges, the lender said, “…Kotak Mahindra Bank has received an intimation from LIC stating that the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had granted its approval to LIC, for increasing its holding in the bank up to 9.99 per cent of the paid-up equity share capital of the bank...”.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.