With the Reserve Bank of India granting in-principle licence to Centrum Financial Services Ltd to set up a small finance bank, it paved the way for the revival of PMC Bank as the NBFC had expressed its interest for the revival of the troubled lender. In an exclusive interview with Business Standard, Jaspal Bindra, the executive chairman of Centrum group said it has committed Rs 1800 crore capital to the SFB, Rs 900 crore of which will come in the first year. Excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, June 18 2021. 22:15 IST