The customary post-Budget meeting, where Finance Minister addresses the board of Reserve Bank of India and Securities and Exchange Board of India, may not happen this time. Earlier, this meeting was scheduled for February 9, but the finance ministry is said to have cancelled it. Sources said since this was an interim Union Budget, this meeting was not required. Arun Jaitley, who is in the US for medical reasons, was designated as minister without portfolio till he is able to resume his duties. Meanwhile, Union minister Piyush Goyal has been handed the additional charge of Ministry of Finance.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.