- Rajya Sabha passes Interim Budget, Finance Bill 2019-20 without debate
- No tax liability if your income is up to Rs 9.5 lakh, but conditions apply
- LS passes Interim Budget; allocation for farmers not small, says Goyal
- Amid unemployment chorus, Budget claims over 379K new jobs in govt depts
- We presented true figures in Budget, did not make adjustments: Piyush Goyal
- Would have done 100 more things but for interim Budget: Piyush Goyal
- No support for govt employees, taxpayers under PM-KISAN scheme for farmers
- Infrastructure woes
- Cash for farmers, tax relief to boost growth, but at fiscal cost: Moody's
- Interim Budget falls short on a key promise made by Modi; creating jobs
Budget 2019: Opposition shouldn't shed crocodile tears, says Arun Jaitley
PM Modi termed the Budget pro-poor, farmers and middle class, Congress said it was a bribe for votes. Catch Budget 2019 LIVE updates
Interim Budget 2019
Budget 2019 LIVE updates: Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a populist push in his final budget before elections, cutting taxes for middle-class voters and giving cash handouts to farmers.
The government will allocate Rs 75,000 crore a year for the cash plan for about 120 million farmers and give taxpayer Rs 185 billion of relief in the year to March 2020, Finance Minister Piyush Goyal said in his budget speech on Friday.
These were among a slew of measures he announced, mainly to benefit the middle class, address the agrarian distress, and bolster industry. Other key measures announced by the FM were an annual benefit transfer of Rs 6,000 to each marginal farmer — with a landholding of less than 2 hectares. In another important announcement, the government announced a mega pension scheme, PM Shram Yogi Mandhan, for people in the unorganised sector. Under this scheme, the government to provide a pension of Rs 3,000 a month to people in the unorganised sector after they turn 60 years old.