The only sectoral index that managed to end in the green despite the mayhem on Friday was the BSE Healthcare — with a gain of 1.2 per cent. Investors are betting on the health-care space to be the beneficiary following a worldwide alert on the new Covid variant, Omicron. Within the pharmaceutical space, brokerages are betting on domestic-oriented pharma companies as compared to larger generic players, which are witnessing multiple headwinds in the US market.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Sun, November 28 2021. 22:59 IST