Oil prices hit multi-year highs on Monday, buoyed by recovering demand and high natural gas and coal prices encouraging users to switch to fuel oil and diesel for power generation. Brent crude oil futures were up 13 cents, or 0.15 per cent, to $84.73 a barrel at 9.00 pm ist, after hitting $86.04, their highest level since October 2018.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.