Global brokerages have raised concerns about India’s record valuation premium to other emerging markets (EMs). Anand Radhakrishnan, managing director & chief investment officer-Emerging Markets Equity-India, Franklin Templeton, explains the reasons for India always trading at a premium. In an interview with Samie Modak, Radhakrishnan says as corporate profits improve over the coming quarters, price-to-earnings (P/E) multiples will look normal. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.