- Majority of equity, composite bond funds underperformed indices: Report
- Sebi issues framework for processing AIF registration applications
- ICRA revises down FY21 securitisation volumes estimate to Rs 80,000 crore
- Foreign investor holding in Reliance Industries rises to record 27.2% in Q2
- Equitas SFB IPO subscribed two times even as HNIs give offer a miss
- Sebi disposes of proceedings against Bharti Airtel, Sunil Mittal, 2 others
- IPOs come out of deep freezer as market revives, liquidity eases
- Strong deal pipeline to sustain L&T Infotech's growth trajectory
- Market regulator extends trading curbs till Nov-end citing uncertainties
- Most large cap funds beat benchmarks in 1 yr despite equities' polarisation
Indices close at record highs; Sensex ends above 40k-mark for first time
All that happened in the stock market
Benchmark indices Sensex and Nifty hit new closing highs on Monday, lifted by gains in heavyweights such as the HDFC twins and Reliance Industries, as fall in crude oil prices and hope of rate cut by the RBI's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) to arrest growth slowdown lifted investor sentiment.
The fourth-quarter growth numbers have forced many analysts to weigh in on a definite rate cut at Thursday’s monetary policy review, a Business Standard report said. READ THE FULL REPORT HERE
The indices also hit their respective fresh all-time highs in intra-day trading, with Sensex touching the 40,308.90 level and Nifty at 12,103.05.
The broader Nifty50 index ended the day 166 points, or 1.39 per cent, higher at 12,089 levels.
Among sectoral indices, only Nifty Media ended Monday's session with losses, with Nifty Auto, Nfity Fin Service, Nifty FMCG, Nifty IT, and Nifty Metal, all gaining over 1 per cent.
In the broader market, the S&P BSE MidCap index rose 136 points, or 0.9 per cent, to end the day around 15,232 levels, while the S&P BSE SmallCap index gained 71 points, or 0.48 per cent, to settle at 14,938 levels.
Shares of Hero MotoCorp (HMCL) rose 6.01 per cent to Rs 2842.5 on the BSE on Monday after the company reported a 13.5 per cent rise in sales to 652,028 units in May over the previous month. The company had sold 574,366 units in April 2019, it said in a BSE filing. READ MORE
Shares of aviation companies were in focus after they rallied up to nearly 8 per cent on the BSE during the early morning trade on Monday. Heavy volumes of shares were being traded at the bourses after Indian Oil Corporation slashed Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) price, which makes up 40 per cent of an airline's cost structure, for the first time in the past five months. READ MORE
Shares of Apollo Hospitals Enterprises surged 9.71 per cent to Rs 1,360 on the BSE on Monday, after the company reported a more-than-doubled consolidated net profit at Rs 84.4 crore in March quarter (Q4FY19). The Chennai-based hospital chain had posted a profit of Rs 23.8 crore in the year-ago quarter. READ MORE