Despite the carnage that the Covid-19 pandemic brought upon the markets early this year, bulls had the last laugh in calendar year 2020. From their 3-year lows hit on March 24, 2020, the S&P BSE Sensex and the NSE's Nifty50 have recouped over 80 per cent till December 30. On December 31, Nifty50 scaled Mount 14,000 in intra-day deals and hit a fresh record high of 14,010.15. The Sensex, meanwhile, hit new peak of 47,865.56.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!