You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

Juvenile elephant dies after being accidentally electrocuted in Andhra's Chittoor

ANI  |  General News 

A juvenile elephant on Sunday died after being accidentally electrocuted in Palamaner mandal of Chittoor district.

The incident took place when a herd of elephants entered into the farms of Gobbillakuduru village in Palamaneru mandal and the juvenile elephant accidentally touched electric wires set up in the field.

Reacting on the incident, the forest department officials confirmed that it was a mere accident and was not intentionally killed by the people, however, it was the third such incident in three months.

Divisional Forest Officer T Chakrapani said, "It is the third incident in the past three months. There is no human involvement. It came into farmland and got electrocuted. This is not a case of a poaching attempt."

Earlier, two female elephants were killed in an attack by a tusker.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, July 21 2019. 23:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU