Djokovic had secured World No. 1, following Nadal's retirement from the Paris Masters due to abdominal problems, although the Serbian was defeated 5-7, 4-6 on Sunday by Russia's Karen Khachanov, who jumped seven places to World No. 11 after winning the title, reports Efe.
The current top-10 ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) 8,045 points
2. Rafael Nadal (Spain) 7,480
3. Roger Federer (Switzerland) 6,020
4. Juan Martin del Potro (Argentina) 5,300
5. Alexander Zverev (Germany) 5,085
6. Kevin Anderson (South Africa) 4,310
7. Marin Cilic (Croatia) 4,050
8. Dominic Thiem (Austria) 3,895
9. Kei Nishikori (Japan) 3,390
10. John Isner (United States) 3,155.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)