You are here: Home » News-IANS » Sports
Business Standard

Juventus coach dispels fears of Ronaldo's ban

IANS  |  Rome 

has said he does not think his Portuguese superstar is likely to be banned from competitions for the way he celebrated his team's 3-0 defeat of Atletico this Tuesday in the round-of-16.

Having scored a hat-trick to lead Juventus to turn around a 2-0 first-leg deficit, seemingly imitated the crotch-grabbing celebratory gesture of Atletico's last month in after his team scored its first goal in an eventual 2-0 victory over Juventus, news reported.

"I think everyone on Tuesday celebrated in their own way. There were 42,000 fans at the stadium - they'd have to ban all of them. It (Ronaldo's celebration) does not seem to be anything special. We do not fear a ban, and there won't be one," Allegri said during a press conference on Saturday evening.

The seven-time defending champion leads standings with an 18-point advantage over second-place Napoli with 11 league matches to go.

"Cristiano has played a lot of matches... He will also have two matches with his national team. It would be too much of a risk to make him play," Allegri added.

Since joining the Italian club from Real during the summer transfer window, has played a total of 36 matches.

Ronaldo, who has scored 19 goals this season, took part in the decision-making process, according to the

The 34-year-old Ronaldo has been called up for Portugal's upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against and on March 22 and 25, respectively.

--IANS

kk/mag/

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, March 17 2019. 10:46 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU