On April 7, Reserve Bank of India released updates to its regular Consumer Confidence Survey. These refer to the 9-day period February 27 through March 8, 2021. For simplicity we will refer this as the first week of March 2021. The RBI releases two indices – the Current Situation Index and the Future Expectations Index. Both reflect net responses, i.e., the difference between respondents whose perceptions are improving against those with deteriorating perceptions. An index is computed as 100 plus net responses. It reflects views of households in state capitals of 13 large states of India. It is therefore an index of consumer confidence in the larger towns of India.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.