A brief announcement ahead of the first episode tells you that Inhuman Resources is “Based on a True Story”. But the saga that unfolds through the six riveting episodes of this French mini-series is so incredible that it is hard to believe that claim. And yet, it turns out, the kernel of the plot really is based on a real-life event — an HR “experiment” that France Télévisions conducted on 12 of its senior employees in 2005, which so shocked crime novelist Pierre Lemaitre that he wrote a prize-winning thriller in 2010 called Cadres Noirs loosely based on that incident.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.