Bengaluru resident Lakshmi Ramachandran’s toy story from her childhood is sparse. “I grew up without toys. Nobody bought me toys and this wasn’t unusual then. One doll made its way into our house somehow and I played a lot with it, for hours. My brother and I played with mud and stones and sticks,” said the 33-year-old.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, August 05 2022. 17:00 IST