Investments in real estate are borne out of savings made out several years of earnings. These investments have both monetary value and emotional value for investors. Individuals buy and sell real estate to reinvest in upcoming real estate projects, to meet growing family needs, to move to another location of choice etc. Since real estate investment involves a large amount of money, the sale of property results in large gains. Tax may have to be paid on these gains unless they have been invested. Let’s find out how to save tax on sale of a property.
Taxpayers can save the taxes on the gains by availing the benefit of tax exemptions allowed under the Indian tax laws. The law allows a taxpayer to invest in real estate and avail the benefit of exemptions on taxable gains realised on the sale of assets or real estate.
A. Tax saving exemptions:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.