Business Standard

4-year-old dies in fire mishap during Diwali festivities in Nepal


Press Trust of India Kathmandu
A four-year-old child has died in a fire mishap during Diwali festivities at his home in Kothambari area of Pathari Sanischare Municipality in Eastern Nepal's Morang district.
Yusan, son of Yubaraj Giri, was asleep when a fire broke out at his home on Sunday night, officials said.
The zinc roof of the house was completely destroyed in the accident. The fire also destroyed 35 gram gold jewellery, 35 gram silver jewellery, Rs 95,000 in cash and clothes, officials said.
According to the district police, a Diwali diya triggred the fire.
Meanwhile, Nepal police have arrested seven persons from different parts of the country, including Kathmandu, for illegally selling fire crackers during the ongoing Diwali festivities.
While two persons were picked up from Morang and Saptari districts each, one each was picked up from Kathmandu and Lalitpur and Bardia districts.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Oct 28 2019 | 10:50 PM IST

Explore News