A Bengaluru court today sentenced three of the 14 accused in the 2010 Chinnaswamy Stadium bomb blast case to seven years in jail.
On July 4, the court had reserved its order after the accused pleaded guilty.
They had sought leniency and lesser punishment.
The accused had been in jail for six years during the trial.
The counsel for the accused, Balan, said: "They pleaded guilty after facing tremendous pressure as they had already spent six years and two months in jail."
In all, there were 14 accused in the case. Seven are in jail. A few other accused are at large.
Five Improvised Explosive Devices were planted at the entrance of the stadium. Of them, two exploded injuring 15 people, including five security personnel, ahead of an IPL match between Mumbai Indians and Royal Challengers Bangalore in April 2010.
The other three IEDs were defused by a bomb disposal squad.
Another accused, Mohammad Qateel Siddiqui, died after he was lynched by Yerawada jail inmates in Pune.
However, they were not involved in preparing or planting the bombs, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)