You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Farmer, bull die of electric shock

Press Trust of India  |  Jashpur (Chg) 

A and his bull died Monday after they came into contact with a live wire in a village in Chhattisgarh's district, police said.

The incident occurred in Marga village under Manora development block when Bartholomish Tigga was taking his cattle to his field, said Superintendent of Police

Tigga inadvertently stepped on the broken 11 KV live electric wire which was lying near his field, he said, adding that Tigga's bull also suffered electric shock.

Both of them died on the spot, the SP said.

Blaming Electricity department for the incident, locals staged a protest and blocked Jashpur-Sanna road for about an hour, he said, adding that they dispersed after police officials pacified them.

A compensation has been ordered for the kin of the deceased by local administration.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, April 15 2019. 18:55 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU