You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Maha: Smoke emanates from Thane-Borivali bus; passengers safe

Press Trust of India  |  Thane 

Panic gripped around 40passengers travelling in a state transport bus here on Tuesday when smoke started emanating from its overheated engine, Thane civic officials said.

Nobody was injured as all the passengers were evacuated immediately.

The incident occurred around 7:30 pm when the bus was headed towards Borivali.

"Smoke started coming out from the bus engine near R Mall on BG road, following which the driver pulled it over," a regional disaster management cell (RDMC) official said.

Fire Brigade personnel reached the spot and brought the situation under control.

"All 40 passengers in the bus were evacuated safely and shifted to another bus for Borivali," said RDMC chief Santosh Kadam.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, August 20 2019. 21:46 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU