You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Rewa mega solar project starts supplying power

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Ltd (RUMS) today said power supply has started from its 750 MW Rewa solar power project from midnight yesterday.

"...power supply from the Rewa Solar Power Project has commenced from 00:01 hours of July 6, 2018," a RUMS statement said.

According to the statement, the 750MW project in Rewa district of Madhya Pradesh, spread over an area of 1,590 acres, is among the largest single-site solar power plants in the world.

RUMS claimed this is the first project in the country supplying power to an inter-state open access customer, the Delhi Metro.

The MP Power Management Company Ltd, which supplies power to the state discoms, will get 76 per cent of the power produced from the Rewa solar power plant, while the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) will benefit from the remaining 24 per cent.

The project is estimated to meet up to 90 per cent of the day electricity demand from the DMRC. The commissioning of this project will potentially result in a saving of Rs 4,600 crore to state discoms and Rs 1,400 crore to Delhi Metro over its project life.

Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh, Shivraj Singh Chauhan, said in the statement, "The project made possible an investment of over Rs 4,000 crore in the state. The environmental impact of the project is like planting 2.6 crore trees. The project has started producing power in merely 17 months from the historical bidding in February 2017."

The project would give environmentally-friendly power to the state at an extremely low rate of Rs 2.97 per unit, which is even less than its average power procurement cost, the statement added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, July 06 2018. 18:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU