You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Six die of asphyxiation in Azamgarh village

Press Trust of India  |  Azamgarh (UP) 

Six people, including two minors, were asphyxiated to death after getting trapped in a burning thatched house in a village in district, police said.

Preparations for a feast were underway at the residence of Mahendra Kumar in Chak Bengali village when a fire broke out due to a leakage in the LPG cylinder, the police said.

All the others ran to safety, while four women with two children ran inside a thatched house to escape the flames, they added.

Later, the thatched house also caught fire and the women and children trapped inside died of suffocation, the police said.

The deceased were identified as Kavita (50), Ramtaji (40), (50), (35), Anjali (4) and Aradhana (1).

One person sustained serious burns in the fire and has been referred to for treatment, the police said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, June 11 2018. 19:45 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU