You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Three injured after portion of flat catches fire in southeast Delhi

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Three men were injured on Sunday after a portion of a flat caught fire in southeast Delhi's Shaheen Bagh area, police said.

The incident occurred in the afternoon when a man who had come to fix the Internet connection in a flat threw the wire from the window and it came in contact with high tension wire lines adjoining another flat and there was a blast, a senior police officer said.

The fire broke out in the flat in the second floor of the building where painting work was going, he said.

Tenant Masisul Zama (30), his friend M D Wakar (26) and painter Zaved (40) sustained injuries, he said.

They were rushed to a nearby hospital and their condition is stated to be stable, police said.

In the fire, the wall of the room suffered damages, they said.

Police said they were informed at around 12.30 pm about the incident, following which two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.

Subsequently, the fire was brought under control, they said.

The four-storeyed building is owned by one Shams Tarbez, police said.

They said a case has been registered.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, August 25 2019. 21:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU