The police has booked the owner and management of a sugar mill here which emitted noxious fumes yesterday, causing scores of school children to fall ill.
A biogas plant at the mill, from where the gas had originated, was also sealed by pollution department officials.
Scores of school children had complained of breathing problems, nausea and a burning sensation in their eyes yesterday apparently after inhaling the gas.
Shamli District Magistrate Indervir Singh said an inquiry has been ordered into the incident and a case registered under Section 308 (Culpable Homicide) of the IPC and other relevant provisions on a complaint from the school principal.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)