You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Youth dies of electrocution

Press Trust of India  |  Bhubaneswar 

A youth was electrocuted to death after coming in contact with electric wires used for decoration of a railway over bridge (ROB) in the city just hours after had opened it for public, police said today.

The deceased was identified as Simachal Panda, a native of district and staying at Sunderpada area here. He came in contact with live wire while removing balloons on the electric poles used for decorating the bridge, police said.

Panda was immediately taken to the here, but doctors declared him brought dead.

The 653 meter ROB was constructed at a cost of Rs 32.55 crore and was opened to public by the yesterday night.

Patnaik expressed grief over the incident and announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh for the next of the kin of the deceased.

Meanwhile, Opposition and criticised the over the incident.

blamed the for the mishap.

demanded Rs 25 lakh as ex-gratia for the family of the deceased.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, August 24 2018. 13:55 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU