By Carl O'Donnell(Reuters) - Owens & Minor Inc is exploring a sale of the company, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday, as the U.S. medical supplies distributor seeks ways to recover from a string of disappointing earnings. The Mechanicsville, Virginia-based company's shares tumbled as much as 20 percent on Wednesday, the day after it reported fourth-quarter earnings that missed analysts' expectations amid fierce price competition in its hospital supplies business. Owens & Minor is working with investment banks to explore a sale, the sources said, asking not to be named because ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard