NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) gave conditional approval on Monday to a $379 million deal by Abu Dhabi's Etihad Airways to buy a stake in Jet Airways, paving the way for more acquisitions in the domestic aviation sector."We have approved with some conditions," Economic Affairs Secretary Arvind Mayaram told reporters on Monday after a meeting of the FIPB.He did not elaborate.Last month, the FIPB had said it wanted more details on who would be effectively in control of Jet Airways after the deal before making a decision.(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard