Uefa European Championship, meant to be held in 2020 but postponed to 2021 due to coronavirus pandemic, will finally start on June 12, 2021 (according to Indian Standard Time). After a complete season of European club championships without fans due to Covid-19, the much-awaited football tournament will welcome supporters inside the stadiums. The final of Euro Cup 2021 will take place on July 12, 2021 at 12:30 am IST.
Check latest news on Euro Cup 2021 here
Euro Cup 2021 venue
For the first time in 60 years of the tournament’s history, 11 different cities across Europe will host the 16th European Championship. It’s a ‘romantic’ one-off event as the former Uefa President and French football legend Michel Platini had said in 2012. The opening match of the tournament will be played at Olimpico Stadium in Rome between Turkey and Italy. The two semi-finals and the final will take place at the Wembley Stadium in London.
Check squads of all 24 teams here
Host cities of Euro 2020
- Wembley Stadium: London, England
- Saint Petersburg Stadium: Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Baku Olympic Stadium: Baku, Azerbaijan
- Football Arena Munich: Munich, Germany
- Olimpico in Rome: Rome, Italy
- National Arena Bucharest: Bucharest, Romania
- Stadium La Cartuja Sevilla: Seville, Spain
- Johan Cruijff ArenA: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Puskas Arena: Budapest, Hungary
- Parken Stadium: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Hampden Park: Glasgow, Scotland
The English football team is one of the youngest team in Euro 2020 and the players have been plying their trade in some of the biggest clubs in the world. With a world cup semi-final finish in the 2018 World Cup and the 2020 Euro final set to take place at Wembley, England fans can start chanting again — it’s coming home.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.