- Amazon urges Sebi not to issue NOC for $3.4 bn Future-Reliance deal
- McConnell holds Donald Trump's fate as impeachment heads to Senate
- TCS' market valuation crosses Rs 12 trillion-mark helped by rally
- PM Modi to launch Covid-19 vaccination 10.30 am Saturday: Govt
- UBS fund pursues $400 million stake in SoftBank-backed Paytm: Report
- Parliament session from January 29, FM to present Budget on Feb 1
- BKU leader Mann recuses himself from SC panel, says won't let down farmers
Ind vs Aus 1st ODI highlights: Jadhav, Dhoni help India win by 6 wickets
India managed to win the first match by 6 wickets, thanks to Dhoni and Jadhav who scored fifties. India will now play 2nd ODI on 5th March.
India Vs Australia 2019
Mahendra Singh Dhoni took a chase deep for the umpteenth time but it needed Kedar Jadhav's street smartness to get India back on winning track as they beat Australia by six wickets in the first ODI here Saturday.
India reached the target in 48.2 overs, riding on a 141-run unconquered stand between Kedar (81 no, 87 balls) and Dhoni (59 no off 72 balls), to take a 1-0 lead in the five-match series.
India had lost the two preceding T20 Internationals.
Clad in their brand new jerseys, the successful chase of 237 was a throwback to the good old 90's when Ajay Jadeja and Robin Singh would hunt down those sub 250 totals in exciting finishes.
However, it shouldn't be lost in isolation that India made a heavy weather of an easy target on a not so difficult wicket.
As has been the case these days, Dhoni was once again unable to rotate the strike at the start of his innings and the onus was on Kedar to hit the boundaries after they joined hands at 99 for four with skipper Virat Kohli (44, 45 balls) and his deputy Rohit Sharma (37, 66 balls) back in the hut.
While Dhoni hit six fours and a six off Nathan Coulter-Nile, it was the diminutive Maharashtra man, who did the hard yards of finding the gaps.
India vs Australia 1st ODI Live scorecard
Stay Tuned for India vs Australia live score and match commentary...