Latest news updates LIVE: Catch all the latest developments here
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday claimed that the EC has put a lock on "vote theft" only after he raised the matter, and asked Chief Election Commissioner Gyanesh Kumar when he would provide evidence to the Karnataka CID on the "deletion" of votes in Aland. The Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha was referring to media reports that the EC has rolled out a new 'e-sign' feature that requires Aadhar-based verification for addition or deletion of votes. "Gyanesh ji, we caught the theft and only then did you remember to put a lock - now we'll catch the thieves too. "So tell us, when are you going to give the evidence to CID?" Gandhi asked in a post on X. Gandhi had earlier claimed that several votes were sought to be cancelled in the Aland assembly constituency in Karnataka, following which the state CID registered an FIR and is now probing the "vote-theft". In a press conference earlier, he had claimed that several votes were sought to be deleted in Aland allegedly through
The Congress' top brass met here on Wednesday, for the party's first working committee meeting in Bihar in the post-Independence era, to deliberate on the assembly polls strategy and ramp up its attack against the BJP over alleged "vote chori". It is an extended Congress Working Committee (CWC) meeting, with permanent and special invitees, the party's chief ministers, Pradesh Congress Committee presidents and Congress Legislature Party (CLP) leaders participating. Sources said a couple of resolutions are expected to be passed at the crucial meeting, with an eye on the upcoming Bihar polls. The CWC meeting began around 10:30 am at Sadaqat Ashram here. This is the first time in the post-Independence era that the Congress is holding a meeting of its top-decision making body in Bihar, according to party leaders. Ahead of the meeting, Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge unfurled the party flag at the Congress' state headquarters here. Top Congress leaders, including Kharge, former pa
Latest news updates LIVE: Rubio expressed appreciation for New Delhi's sustained involvement in bilateral issues, covering trade, defence, and energy. Catch all the latest developments here
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday claimed that as long as elections are "stolen", unemployment and corruption will continue to rise, and asserted that young people will no longer tolerate "job theft" and "vote theft". In a post on X in Hindi, the Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha said unemployment is the biggest problem facing youth in India and it is directly linked to "vote chori". When a government wins public trust and comes to power, its first duty is to provide employment and opportunities to the youth, he said. "But the BJP doesn't win elections honestly -- they stay in power by stealing votes and controlling institutions," Gandhi alleged. That's why unemployment has reached a 45-year high, he said. "That's why jobs are declining, recruitment processes have collapsed, and the future of youth is being jeopardised. That's why every exam paper leak and every recruitment is linked to stories of corruption," Gandhi said. "The country's youth work hard, dream, and figh
Last week, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan signed a "Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement", pledging that any aggression against either nation would be treated as an attack on both
Latest news updates LIVE: PM Modi unveiled projects worth Rs 5,000 crore in Arunachal Pradesh. Catch all the latest developments here
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday alleged that the Congress has an "inherent habit" of abandoning any development work that is difficult, and this caused significant harm to the Northeast. Addressing a rally at the Indira Gandhi Park in Itanagar after unveiling development projects worth over Rs 5,100 crore, Modi said he knew that the Northeast couldn't be developed from Delhi, and so, he sent ministers and officers more frequently to the region, and he himself came here more than 70 times. "One inherent habit of Congress is that they never take up development work which is difficult to do; they abandon it. This habit of Congress caused significant harm to Arunachal Pradesh and the entire Northeast. In the hilly and forested areas, where development work was challenging, Congress would declare the regions backward and simply forget them," he claimed. The PM said that with the launch of GST reforms on the first day of Navratri, people will receive a "double bonanza" this festive
The Congress on Sunday accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of taking "sole ownership" of the amendments made to the GST regime and said the current reforms were inadequate, with no resolution to the states' demand for an extension of compensation for another five years. The opposition party slammed the reforms as "applying band-aid after inflicting deep wounds" and said the government should apologise to the public for its GST on essential items. A day before reduced GST rates come into effect, Modi made a strong pitch for promoting 'swadeshi' goods and asserted that the next generation GST reforms would accelerate India's growth story, increase ease of doing business, and attract more investors. In his address to the nation, Modi said a 'GST bachat utsav (savings festival)' will begin from the first day of Navratri, and coupled with the income tax exemption, it will be a "double bonanza" for most people. Reacting to his address, Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge took a swipe
Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's address to the nation, the Congress on Sunday took a swipe at him, asking whether he will address US President Donald Trump's India-Pakistan "ceasefire" claims and the concerns of lakhs of Indian H1B visa holders or just repeat what is already known on the new GST rates. Prime Minister Modi will address the nation at 5 pm on Sunday, his office said. However, the Prime Minister's Office gave no indication of the subject of his address in the evening. His address will come on the eve of Navratri, the day from when the revised GST rates will kick in, with the prices of a large number of products set to come down. In a post on X, Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh said, "As the PM prepares to address the nation, his good friend in Washington DC has once again stolen his thunder and claimed -- for the 42nd time - that he stopped Operation Sindoor by using increased trade with America as leverage." President Trump has
Congress president Mallikarjun Kharge said Indians are pained by the return gifts you (PM Modi) received after the birthday call
During a public event in Gujarat's Bhavnagar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi criticised Congress' policies for holding back India's growth, and urged a self-reliant India to secure the nation's future
Latest news updates LIVE: Catch all the latest news developments here
A day after the SEBI's clean chit to the Adani Group in the Hindenburg matter, the Congress on Friday said there is a continued need to investigate the "scam" in all its dimensions as it extends far beyond the scope of investigations by the market regulator. Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh said in a statement that contrary to the managed headlines, the commercial partner in "Modani Enterprises" has now received a "clean chit" from SEBI only in two of the 20 matters being investigated by it under a Supreme Court-mandated probe. In a statement, Ramesh said there is continued need to investigate the "Modani Scam" in all its dimensions. He also shared a set of questions the party had posed in the 100-question-series "Hum Adani Ke Hain Kaun" (HAHK), and said they remain unanswered. The Congress leader noted that the Supreme Court on March 2, 2023 had directed SEBI to "conclude the investigation within two months" following the Hindenburg Report. "Yet,
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday reiterated his "vote chori" allegations and took a swipe at the Election Commission, calling it an "election watchman" who "stayed awake, watched the theft, and protected the thieves". His remarks came a day after he ramped up his attack on the issue of vote theft, accusing Chief Election Commissioner Gyanesh Kumar of protecting those who "destroyed democracy". To buttress his allegation, he cited data from a Karnataka assembly constituency to claim that votes of Congress supporters were being systematically deleted. The Election Commission dubbed the allegations "incorrect and baseless" and said. "No deletion of any vote can be done online by any member of the public, as misconceived by Gandhi." In a post in Hindi on X on Friday, Gandhi said, "Wake up at 4 a.m. Eliminate two voters in 36 seconds, Then go back to sleep - this is how vote theft happens!" "Chunaav ka chawkidaar jaagta raha, chori dekhta raha, choron ko bachata raha (The electi
Latest news updates LIVE: Catch all the latest news developments here
The Congress on the first day of the Monsoon Session of the Odisha Assembly on Thursday submitted a notice for a no-confidence motion against the 15-month-old BJP government in the state. A delegation of Congress MLAs led by legislature party leader Rama Chandra Kadam met Assembly Secretary Satyabrata Rout at his chamber and submitted a petition seeking a 'no-confidence motion' against the state government. Invoking Rule 117(1) of the Assembly procedures, the Congress Legislature Party in the notice said: "That this House expresses no confidence in the present Council of Ministers led by Shri Mohan Charan Majhi." "We have submitted a notice to the Assembly secretary addressed to the Speaker and urged her to accept it for moving a no-confidence motion. We have the signature of 14 Congress MLAs and one member of the CPI(M)," Kadam told reporters. He said that the party had earlier urged the principal Opposition party, the Biju Janata Dal, to move a no-confidence motion against the BJ
At a press conference, the Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha alleged systemic voter manipulation targeting opposition supporters, Dalits, and minorities
Highlights today: Catch all the latest developments here
The Patna High Court on Wednesday directed the Congress to take off from its social media handles an AI-generated video depicting Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his late mother. Acting Chief Justice P B Baijanthri passed the order on a petition filed by Vivekanand Singh. In the petition, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi, the Union government and the Election Commission were also named as respondents. "The court, while ordering immediate withdrawal of the video, has also issued notices to Gandhi, Facebook, Twitter and Google," EC's counsel Siddharth Prasad told PTI. The Bihar Congress had last week posted the video on its X handle, which portrayed Modi's mother criticising him for his politics.